Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Too Bummed to Blog

I didn't blog yesterday because I was too blue, low, bummed out... whatever expression you choose to use.  The North Boulder Little League team lost their Semi-Final game on ESPN2 yesterday by one run.  The boys played East Texas, represented by Pearland.  Aiden played catcher for all 6 innings in the 105 degree heat.  Both of his brothers, Levi and Ty, and his parents, Blair and Pete, were frequently on screen.  There were quite a few close-ups of Aiden's eyes, showing his concentration and intensity - it was super coverage.  East Texas took the lead, then Boulder battled back.  But East Texas got the tying and go-ahead runs in the 5th inning.  Pearland had no errors, but Boulder had 6 -  The final score was Pearland, TX 5 to Boulder's 4.  All the boys played hard and tough and fair.  It was a very good game.

Victor and Xena escaped the back yard yesterday morning while I was walking Rosie and Remy.  I put them back in the yard; one of the neighbors called me at 11:15 and said she had just put the dogs back inside the fence, and that as soon as she had, Animal Control came cruising by.  I locked the dogs in the breezeway so I could watch the game.  They leaped the fence twice more last night, and twice this morning.  Thank goodness the family came home this morning!  -  I walked Rosie and Remy this morning, having walked Xena and Victor earlier.  Then I played with MeyToch and Sunbeam, and had to refill the second drinking pan for the chickens. (And Charlie pecked me again.) I ferried my overnight stuff and food across the street to Alexy's house, and then came home to my kits.  Alexy was quite impressed because while I was there, Cloudy came in and wanted to be petted - I had just withdrawn my hand, when she decided to attack, and so, didn't touch me.  Then Shady came running for love.  Alexy leaves this afternoon for England, and I'll be at her house through the 29th.  And then I have Maggie May and the rats for the Labor Day weekend.  ....  Things never really stop or change, do they?   ....   Lovey and Nedi and Mocha all got tons of love yesterday, and they have all had a lot again this morning.  Everyone has had their favorite crunchy snack, besides the fresh dry and canned foods, plus fresh water.  The potty boxes have been cleaned, too.  I'm about to sit on the sofa and finish reading Catherine Coulter's Split Second.

No comments: