Friday, August 5, 2011

Cool Morning, Hot Day

I was looking at MeyToch's bottom this morning, and forgot to be on the lookout for Charlie.  So I now have a hole in the heel of my thumb to match the one on my ring finger.  All of the critters in my care are doing well, with the exception of Charlie's temper, but since he's like this with everyone, I won't take offense.  Little Miss Sunbeam ran out of the pen area and I had just enough time to grab her before Victor showed up.  Victor is part cattle dog, so he wants to herd, but he also loves to lunge at Charlie, even through the fence, so I don't really trust him.  Anyway, I was able to grab Sunbeam and get her back inside the pen before Victor showed up, with Xena hot on his tail.  Victor is out-going, extremely confidant, and a little too aggressive when it comes to other dogs in his yard.  Xena just wants love and affection, and is so cringingly eager to please that I wonder about her puppy-home before she was taken to the Humane Society.  But they are generally very good young dogs - and they love being taken for a walk!  I also walked Rosie and Remy early this morning - the temperature was 58 outside, and I have to admit my legs were a little cool this morning.  My kits seem to be doing well - they have declared a truce with Mocha, and she avoids them as much as possible.  Both Nedi and Lovey are outside right now, and both have come running back in multiple times his morning, talking to me from the patio until the get in my lap.  They are wonderful kits.

Aidan's North Boulder Wildcat team plays their first game in the Little League (12 year olds) Regional Championships at 8:30 tonight, down in Waco, Texas.  They are then scheduled to play at 6 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.  If they win and keep on winning, they can go to the World Championships.  Aidan is hoping for that, mainly so he can miss school - he likes learning, but currently enjoys playing baseball more.  ....  We're less than a week away from the Broncos first game for this season.  The big buzz has been about the quarterback position - will Kyle Orton or Tim Tebow be named the starter?  Right now, it looks like Kyle Orton, as he has gotten all of the snaps from the "A" team during practice this week.  ....  We had a couple of rain showers last night, and about 15 minutes of booming thunder yesterday evening - but Remy didn't react to it.   I did laugh this morning - on my way back from the Chandlers',  our local 10- and 12-point bucks bounced out from a yard about 200 feet away from me, trotted down the road and neatly jumped the post and rail fence.  I heard what sounded like a jogger coming up behind me, and I turned, to warn the person about the deer, and realized the sound was Jonathan, our 6-point buck, trotting up behind me.  Jonathan was struck by a car last year, and both of his hind legs are weak, so he rarely moves faster than a trot.  But he passed right by me, grazing me with his shoulder as he passed, to join the other bucks.  It's weird (but nice) to have the local wildlife  almost ignore your presence.  ....  We got back up to 90 yesterday, and are expecting another long string of days of 90s temperatures.   -  TGIF!

No comments: