Saturday, August 13, 2011

Kits and Pups

Not much going on today - the Redskins won their game last night, so I'm happy.  The only football on for me to watch was Tampa Bay against Kansas City, and that wasn't much of a game (I turned it off after 10 minutes).  There are some interesting games scheduled for tonight, but I probably won't be able to view any of the good ones.   ....  It took me 20 minutes to convince Shady to come home and back inside yesterday evening.  He was two doors down, in a garden, and I had to coax him over a fence and then under a fence, and across the yards to get him inside.  Once he ate, he fell asleep next to me.  Cloudy, meanwhile, was incensed that I had closed her up inside and wouldn't let her out.  I didn't walk the Irish Setters last night, as Joel e-mailed me and said they were bushed from their morning hike.  Nedi, Mocha, and Lovey were excited to see me this morning - they all greeted me with vocalizations as soon as my key was in the door's lock.  Just before I left yesterday, Lovey brought in a young robin - still alive and completely unharmed - other than being scared stupid. She brought it to me, and turned it loose on the bed, and it just sat there, still stunned.  So I picked it up, shut the patio door behind me (with the kits inside) and checked it out.  It seemed to be fine, so I settled on one of the rattan chairs, and, after a couple of minutes, it flew away.  I am so glad the kits don't kill and then bring me dead things!  ....  Boo had her last radiation treatment yesterday; she's back wearing a cone to prevent her from licking her leg, and we're to keep the other two dogs from licking it, as well.  The vets said she'd probably feel her worst between now and Wednesday; she has a follow-up appointment on Thursday.  (I have one, myself, on Tuesday afternoon.)

No comments: