Monday, August 1, 2011

Heat & Thunder

Normally, the high temperatures for Boulder are in the mid- to upper-80s in late July and early August.  Yesterday was our 17th day in a row with temperatures of 90 and above (99 yesterday).  When I left to walk the red kids this morning at 7:10, it was 73 degrees with 38% humidity, when I returned home, it was 83 degrees with 33% humidity.  The weather people say they  believe that we'll have  "normal highs" today and tomorrow because of thunderstorms in the afternoon.  Right now, I kinda doubt it.  The Rs were their usual super selves this morning, and we stopped by to say "Hello" to Suki at the Snow house as we went by. We had an evening thunderstorm yesterday, and Joel said that Remy spent more than an hour huddled in his arms due to the thunder.  Joel also let me know when their flight leaves on Wednesday, so I'll be arriving at their house around 6:30 in the morning.  I also got to speak with Lucy's mom for a few minutes; I'll start walking her again in September, once we cool down a bit.  Lovey is laying across the end of my desk; Nedi is curled up in his red plastic tub; Mocha is asleep under my bed.

I washed and dried three loads of laundry yesterday - bed linens and towels, darks and lights.  Boo is back in Fort Collins for her 9th day of radiation therapy - and Kathy and Jim are exhausted, as this past weekend was Jim's 50th High School Reunion, plus being an irrigation night for the ditch (so he was up every 3 hours, rotating the sprinklers).  It was too hot to cook this past weekend, so I've been living on cereal, fruit, and sandwiches, GatorAde, water, and Coca-Cola.  I started reading the second book of the Blending Enthroned series last night.  I need to get the Catherine Coulter FBI book that (finally!) came out, and I need to visit the public library again to replenish my reading stock.  It's definitely the Dog Days of summer!

No comments: