Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jack Pascoe is Missing

Jack Pascoe has been missing since August 25.  He and his brother were checked in to be shipped by American Airlines from JFK in New York to their new home in California.  Both boys are too large to be able to fit comfortably under an airline seat, so the baggage area was the only other option.  Ten minutes after the owner left them at the AA baggage area, she was called and told that Jack was missing.  She went to the area, double checked on the other cat, and then called for Jack in vain until she had to run for her plane.  Jack has not been seen since his check-in, and 5 days have passed, including the closure of JFK for Irene's passage.  Where is Jack?  His human is distraught!

I have arrived home and will be sleeping in my own bed tonight. I am happy.  -  While I was checking my e-mail and my usual information and news sites, I was being blasted by music.  The bass was extremely loud, and it sounded to me as if the Friday night concert and party at the Harvest House was occurring tonight - right up against the privacy fence.  I walked out onto the patio, because Lovey and Nedi kept running in and out, as though they were being frightened by something.  (I couldn't hear my TV on it's usual setting due to the loud music....)  Guess what?  The music was coming from my new neighbors!  Chokie, who complained about the bird and squirrel feeding, is gone.  I now have a size 4 white-blonde who wears very short dresses (and her as-yet-unseen boyfriend) for my new neighbors.  And she happily informed me that she had "just got a new kitten, that holds onto my feet when I walk, and just slides all over the tile floor..."  She wanted to know if Lovey would bite, and I told her that she might - I wouldn't guarantee it one way or the other.  Nedi, meanwhile, was hiding behind the curtain, hoping not to be seen.  At least the volume on the music was turned down within 10 minutes of our meeting - and I never said a word about it....  But I might be moving my bed again!

No comments: