Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Yippee!

I had my last (I hope) appointment with Dr. Pohlman yesterday.  He stated that unless I have "significant changes" or redevelop an abscess, I should be completely healed in another 10 to 14 days.  Still healing slowly, but, most definitely, surely.  He apologized to me, saying he was amazed that my body rejected the glue and skin patches, and he said he was extremely sorry for the fact that I had to deal with the fistula and its problems for such a long time.  He was sweet.  -  He did say that I shouldn't try to ride a bicycle for at least another 6 to 8 weeks - but after that, I should be fine for anything. Yippee!

Lovey just brought me a freshly killed chipmunk - a young male.  She came in the door talking, as usual, but with a very guttural sound, that usually means she has caught something.  She jumped up onto the desk and laid the poor, dead critter on my keyboard.  I had to give her lots of verbal praise and a lot of petting, stroking, and scratching to get her to calm down a bit.  Nedi had to knock the little thing off the desk and onto the floor, where he batted it around for ten minutes.  Once everyone was finished with it, I placed it in a trash bag and took it to the dumpster.  Poor little thing...

Rosie and Remy have been so excited to see me in the morning that it's almost embarrassing.  They dance and twist and prance and almost fall down on the waxed hardwood floors as they gambol around me on my way to grab their harnesses and leashes.  I'm glad I give the dogs such joy - but it still seems to be a little weird to me.  - Of course, I do try to vary their walks, and yesterday we explored some new places that I hadn't walked before.  So maybe it's just because we don't follow the same routine, day in and day out.  I really have no clue.  ...   Shady and Cloudy have been little love bugs for the past few days.  We had another thunder storm with heavy rain yesterday evening, and they both came to me and voiced their complaints.  It's hard to tell when Cloudy is about because she walks very softly and seems to glide above the floor.  Shady stomps around like an old man in a pair of boots two sizes too large - one can always hear him walking, trotting or galloping through the house.  And Jonathan, the young buck, is still sleeping under the front window.....

No comments: