Monday, April 29, 2013

Bits and Pieces

I am very happy to be back at home, with kitty tails waving in my face as I type.  Actually, that was Nedi's tail and he has just trotted out the back door; Lovey is asleep in the cat tree.  It's 70 degrees outside, and we've had temperatures in the 70s since Thursday; the weather folks say that our high tomorrow will be 62 and that on Wednesday, May 1st, we will have rain and snow, with a high temperature of 36.  We still need the precipitation, and with the heat from these past few days, snow will melt quickly.  A foot of snow on Wednesday would be fine with me, but they say we'll get 2 to 6 inches....
  It's warm enough inside that I have the back window and back door wide open; I'm wearing shorts and a T-shirt; and I have the large fan running in the hall, blowing cool air into the main living area.  I took Lucy and Sadie on three walks each day for the past four days, and we walked about 15 miles each day.  I know that Remy won't get better, his problem is old age - but on days that it's Rosie and I, I can now feel good about taking her for a long walk without having an asthma attack, or without just being short of breath.  I can walk at top speed for two hours now.  It's a lot better than I was during my bronchitis, pneumonia, and whooping cough bouts this past winter.
   Trainer Bob Baffert has announced that he will not be running any horses in his care at the Kentucky Derby on Saturday.  ....  The New York Jets released Quarterback Tim Tebow from his NFL contract this morning before the day's practice began.  Tebow  has shown up for the past two weeks' practice, and is 12 pounds lighter than he was last season.  I hope that some team with sense will sign him to a contract and then actually use his skills!  ....  Last night, History Channel aired the last of this season's episodes of Vikings - and I understand that a lot of women fans are upset because Ragnar has become enamoured  with Aslaug.  In the sagas, Ragnar was married three times; Lagertha, Aslaug, and Thora Town-Hart.  He has at least three sons with Aslaug - Hafdan and Udda Ragnarsson and Ivar the Boneless.  This series is based on the old Norse sagas, and men were not faithful, even in the 10th and 11th centuries...  I'm looking forward to the next 10 episodes, which haven't even begun filming.  However, I must admit that I shall miss the presence of Leif (played by Diarmard Murtaugh) - he offered himself to the Gods in episode 8, and I always find myself looking for him in background  scenes.

No comments: