Tuesday, December 22, 2009

...And Betty Went Ker-Splat!

I'm logging on and blogging tonight because I'll be at the MDs office tomorrow morning; so don't be surprised if there isn't a posting until late Wednesday. I went ker-splat on the way home walking the Rs this morning; the fall was in no way their fault, I just placed my right foot the wrong way on some ice. My right foot flew up in the air, and I somehow landed on the inside of my left knee and my right hip, and slid for about 15 feet. I admit I dropped the Rs' leashes - it wouldn't do any good to drag them with me. They immediately sat down and then came over to nuzzle my face, even though we were less than 100 yards from their front door. The knee hurt as soon as it made contact with the ground, and I was a little breathless after the slide, so I sat for a couple of moments and then used the wrought-iron gate of the Waldorf school to get back on my feet. The knee felt numb for the first few steps, but I could already feel the heat and swelling in it. I got the Rs home and then I came home. I've taken Tylenol, and iced the knee, and kept it propped up - but it's four inches larger around than my right knee, and it hurts like stink! It hurts when I move it, it hurts when I put weight on it, and if I try to bend it much, tears run down my face. So I'll go see Colleen first thing in the morning. The weather folks say we'll get 1 to 3 inches of snow overnight - there's already a good half-inch on the ground - and we'll end up with 8 to 12 inches through Thursday morning. They say our high on Christmas Day will be 21 degrees... (sigh)

No comments: