Monday, December 7, 2009

Chilly and Snowing

Good morning! Fine, powdery snow is again falling; it's 3 degrees outside, with a windchill of -10. There are nuts leftover from yesterday's feeding on the patio, and the snow has now drifted so it covers three-quarters of the patio. I'll probably sweep the patio when I return from the doctor's office today. (Since it's so cold out, maybe I'll get in and out quickly today.) The kits are spending most of their time leaning on parts of me, or just plain out lying on top of me, and I'm enjoying the shared warmth. Right now, Banichi is curled up on my pillow, while Lovey is lying across my chest, causing me to type with my left hand only. I finished reading Crowner Royal last night, and am considering my choices of new books - do I want to read something contemporary, or do I feel like a historical setting? With the cold and snow, I have to admit that I've spent the majority of my time either reading, sleeping, or watching TV while wrapped in a blanket. (No matter where my thermostat is set, it doesn't get warmer than 63 inside...) Soooo... I'm about to go climb in the shower - and besides clean clothes waiting for me on the counter, there will be my very warming blow-dryer (for both my little bit of short hair, but mostly for the rest of my body!). We are hoping for highs in the teens today and tomorrow, so keep warm, and think of me.

And, as the daughter of a Navy man, please give some thought to the men and women who lost their lives at Pearl Harbor on this date in 1941. They will always be heroes.

No comments: