Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Boo-Boo Yesterday...

First, a "Thank You" to cousin Sarah for letting me know that I mislabeled a photo yesterday! The third photo (proceeding down) was of Tybee Island, Georgia, not just of a beach near Savannah. My mistake and my apologies. It's 28 degrees outside right now (and all of 1 in Gunnison); we're supposed to reach 47 at noon, be at 23 at 6 p.m., and have an over-night low of 12. Supposedly, I will awaken Wednesday to find 1 to 5 inches of snow on the ground... we'll see. It is rather chilly, and both kits came back in after a 30-minute exploration, during which I fed Gimpy. (He came inside and sat on the base of the cat tree and stared at me until I realized that he had no peanuts to eat.) And I was amazed that I was actually able to get in to see my MD, Colleen Ryan, on next Monday, the 7th of December.... I have a month left in my current hypertension medicine from her, and I'll refill that tomorrow. When I had my first appointment with Dr. Ryan, I laughingly decided (because of her name) that she'd be a red head with a creamy complexion, a trace of freckles, and green eyes. I was very surprised to find that description fits her to a T - but she is from Pennsylvania Dutch country, not the Auld Sod. (Of course, William Penn's sons used the Irish as their "bumper" between the cities and the wilderness back in the 16th and 17th centuries.) I guess that I need to start wrapping things and boxing others to ship. One thing I cannot do is put ribbons on anything, as Lovey and Banichi will attack the ribbons, rip them off packages, and shred them with their teeth.

My hat is off to the New Orleans Saints for beating the Patriots last night and remaining undefeated! Drew Brees threw 5 touchdowns to 5 different receivers. Go, Drew, go! .... Rachel Alexandra will race as a 4-year-old; she is being pointed at a Spring return to the races. At last word, Zenyatta will also be returning to the track. Calder Race Course, in Florida, is in quarantine after the Equine Herpesvirus was found in a racing mare. Hialeah, famous for it's flamingos (and being the track to be seen at in the 1930s and '40s), opened a Quarterhorse racing meet this past weekend, to a standing room only crowd - they had almost 30,000 people in attendance for the first day of racing. I hope that the public and punters will continue to support this grand old Florida track. ... This Saturday, I probably won't accomplish anything except for watching collegiate Championship football games: there is the SEC game, the ACC game, the Big 12 game, the USA game, as well as several others. I'll be in heaven (if the Gators win). ... And - Tiger. The cost of fame is great, and Tiger Woods is now living proof of it. The man had a driving accident early Friday morning. His was the only vehicle involved, he was injured, 911 was called, and he was transported to the local hospital, where he was later discharged. Big deal. Had you or I done the same thing, no publicity would have come from such an incident. Only because Tiger Woods is a household name, has a small single-vehicle accident become such a big news item. Please, let the poor man and his family have some peace.

No comments: