Sunday, December 6, 2009

And the Crimson Tide Rolled...

Alabama's Crimson Tide rolled over the Gators yesterday; it was a hard game for a Gator fan to watch, but 'Bama was by far the best football team in Atlanta. - There was a nasty barn fire at the Warren County Fairgrounds in Ohio yesterday morning; two men and 60 Standardbred horses were lost. The fire is being investigated. - And the Denver Broncos' "Barrel Man", Tim McKernan, passed away in his sleep this morning at the age of 69. Tim, who appeared for many years at Broncos games dressed in a cowboy hat, boots, and a barrel with suspenders, was a member of the NFL's Fan Hall of Fame. He had been battling failing lungs for several months.

Guess what? It is cold here! And the snow is falling - still that fine powder type. We're expecting snow off and on through Tuesday night, and might reach freezing (as a high) next weekend. The forecasters say that Boulder will end up with 5 to 8 inches of snow over the next few days, but the ski resorts in the mountains will be getting 2 to 3 feet. (In comparison, I can handle the 5 to 8 inches!) The kits ran out and played and sat in the sun for about 45 minutes yesterday. Today, the snow has blown and is covering more than half of the patio, and Banichi stuck his nose out the door and retreated, while Lovey went outside, but came back in rather quickly. (It was 7 degrees outside, with a wind chill of -12.) Rosie and Remy's parents called me last night and announced they'd be over this morning to deliver a real wreath to hang on my door. I need to get the wreath hanger in place before they arrive. I've taken out the trash and gone to the store (I needed milk and a newspaper), and had breakfast. And, I'm halfway through reading Crowner Royal by Bernard Knight; I'll be taking it, or another new book, to the clinic with me tomorrow when I go to see Colleen Ryan. If they finish with me quickly, I'll try to take the Rs out before I return home - Nancy says they are going stir-crazy. I hope the rest of your weekend is relaxing!

No comments: