Friday, August 15, 2008

Cooool Day; Olympics

The change in weather is certainly evident! It began to lightly rain at 6 pm yesterday evening; and I changed from a short-sleeved blouse to a long-sleeved one prior to dinner at Chautauqua. Today, at 1 pm, the temperature is 53 degrees and it's still lightly raining. I am not complaining about either fact; the change in temps feels wonderful, and we desperately need the rain. With the weather as it is, we have a huge flock of sparrows feeding on the patio (covered by the deck above) and sometimes the pigeons and flickers and crows join them. Lovey and Banichi are completely in hunter mode at the window and patio door, but I'm not letting them out.

Suki and Boo were wonderful last night, but I missed the kits sleeping with me. I came home this morning and took a nap with them, even though I slept well last night. Lovey is currently curled up in my lap, while Banichi is watching the patio from the "guard chair." I'll be heading back over to Suki and Boo's in a couple of hours, and will visit home tomorrow, before spending Saturday night at their house again. Then I'll have two nights at home before heading out to pet-sit again.

In Olympic results: for Team Grand Prix Dressage, the rankings were:
1st place: Germany
2nd place: The Netherlands
3rd place: Denmark
4th place: USA

In Individual Dressage, the standings are:
1st place: Isabell Werth, of Germany, on Satchmo
2nd place: Anky VanGrunsven, the Netherlands, on Salinero
3rd place: Heike Kemmer, of Germany, on Bonaparte
For the USET: Courtney King on Mythilus in 7th; Steffan Peters on Ravel in 10th; and Debbie McDonald on Bretina, in 34th place.

In the Individual Show Jumping preliminary round:
USET's McClain Ward, Beezie Madden and Will Simpson all rode clean rounds; Laura Kraut of the USET had 4 jumping faults and 1 time fault.
The Team Show Jumping preliminaries are still unofficial.

No comments: