Thursday, August 14, 2008

Odds and Ends

Well, apparently I wasn't paying much attention to the "fall weather" report I wrote about yesterday.... It's about a cold front coming in tonight, and our high temperatures will be in the low to mid-60s Friday and Saturday; and snow is predicted above 10,000 feet - so the mountaintops and their shoulders will receive a new white mantle.

Walking the Boulder Creek Path this morning was the usual treat - seeing wild critters and listening to the birds, squirrels, and the creek itself. My kits have been behaving themselves - no live prey recently, other than a few insects. A new squirrel has arrived; it has a very long, thin red tail that almost looks like a feather boa, and he's very leery of the kits. I've been helping my next-door neighbor learn American English; his name is Massoud, he's from Libya, and he's very eager to learn the vagaries of the English language.

Tonight we celebrate my sister's wedding anniversary at the Chautaqua Dining Hall; she and Jim will wear the clothes they wore at their wedding in 1981. In the last 3 days I've received 18 requests from possible distant relations about our family tree and how they might tie into it - most of the folks are from the northeastern US - and I'm trying to answer all of them. I am also preparing to put my husband's family tree on-line, as well as the Lancaster family that my paternal grandmother belonged to. Will begin a 3 night pet-sitting job tonight - but Suki and Boo are never a problem.

The Individual and Team Grand Prix Dressage competitions are still underway in Hong Kong - will post the results when they are available. Enjoy your upcoming weekend!

No comments: