Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Neatnik Neighbor; Olympics

I'm off to Hila's house this afternoon - I'll be gathering fresh eggs in the morning, and choosing fresh veggies from the gardens for meals. It was 50 degrees this morning, and the walking was refreshing - snow is easily seen on the mountaintops and shoulders of the Front Range.

I've had to laugh - my neighbor sweeps her patio 3 times a day; I sweep mine every evening, about 6:30. Apparently, I don't sweep my patio early enough for my neighbor, as she now sweeps my patio between 3:30 and 4:30 each afternoon - I guess she's such a neatnik that having peanut hulls and birdseed hulls on the patio until the evening makes her need to clean it. This fall, once it stops being so hot in the mornings, I'll start sweeping it in the mornings again. But, for the moment, she's saving me sweat and effort, and I will let her....

The kits have been behaving and have been playing up a storm. I'm almost finished with the data in-put for the family tree report I need to send out - so it should go in the mail tomorrow. Yeah!!!! - I've also been spending some time in the atevi universe each day, and find I'm refreshed when I close the book(s).

There was a jump-off in the Team Show Jumping Finals yesterday between the USA and Canada. The United States finished in 1st place; Candada in 2nd; and Norway got 3rd.
The Free Style Dressage to Music is being ridden as I write this... I should be able to post the official finish later today. (The US has 77 medals over all right now.)

No comments: