Saturday, August 2, 2008

Heat and Home

Wow! We hit 104 degrees yesterday and 103 today. That's a record! And we broke the old high temperature record for today that was set 130 years ago - in 1878 the record high was 100. This was one record I wish we had not broken.

My pet-sitting family came home this afternoon, and I arrived home just before 6 this evening. The kits were frantic, thinking I'd forgotten them this morning. I loved them and fed them, and then took some paperwork for my brother-in-law over to my sister's workplace. Got back home and loved them some more. Had a fresh fruit salad for dinner - too hot for anything else.

In the morning I can get back into my home routine - up early, walk, feed the birds, squirrels and critters, take care of business on -line, and check the news. My change in meds is making me cranky - so I apologize to anyone and everyone if I seem a bit short-tempered. I am aware of it and am fighting it.

No comments: