Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Loving cats...

Well, the heat is back and I've had to turn on the fan again. At least we're only expecting the low 90s and nothing much higher... The birds have been enjoying the last of my regular blended seed - and I'll soon head over to the Wild Bird Center to get hull-less sunflower seeds and "waste-less" mixed seed. I'll also check into the cost of unshelled roasted saltless peanuts at the farmer's market, so I can continue to feed my critters without all the waste my neighbor complains of.

The kits were very cuddly all night long; Banichi brought me his shoelace, freshly dipped in water, three times last night/this morning in bed and Lovey wanted to sleep inside my nightgown for several hours. Kathy highjacked me for several hours yesterday afternoon and evening - working on the party invitation... She was suffering terribly from a nasty head cold and, I think, went a little overboard in her highlighting on the invite....

I got a new vacuum cleaner yesterday afternoon, and while the kits were outside this morning, I vacuumed the apartment - they were quite startled by the noise, as I've just swept and mopped before now. I managed to see Teddy Kennedy's speech at the DNC yesterday evening - he made me cry....

No comments: