Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blah Wednesday

We amazingly had no rain yesterday - a little wind, and overcast occasionally, but no real rain. Remy is totally back to his normal self - he got out of bed with me, and, as soon as we got downstairs, began to bark (at me). I had to put him in "Time-out" mode immediately; so he laid on his bed in the kitchen/dining room and gave me these sorrowful looks that were pathetic. We went for a walk, and then they had breakfast before I ran over to my place. The kits were very happy to see me and I'm drowning in love as I type this - I also have a lot of cat hair up my nose... Gimpy has stuffed himself, as have the kits. I had half a cantaloupe for my breakfast. I finished Bear Island by Allistair MacLean Monday, and read The Diamond Hunters by Wilbur Smith yesterday (it wasn't up to his usual par), and started The Treasure of Khan by Clive and Dirk Cussler yesterday evening.

The Department of Wildlife caught a young male mountain lion in north Boulder yesterday, and turned him loose in the back country. And speaking of back country, with the rain and coolness we've had, there is still snow on the rear peaks of the Front Range today. Sometimes it really feels odd to be sweating in the 80s and look up and see snow-capped peaks ... I rarely want ice cream, but this past weekend I wanted some. I can now recommend Haagen-Dazs Five as a superbly delicious and smooth ice cream. Why is it called Five? Because it contains only five ingredients - cream, milk, sugar, eggs, and (in my case, since I had chocolate) cocoa. The strawberry contains the first four previous ingredients, plus strawberries. I'm sure you get the picture... no preservatives added for longer freezer life, etc. All I know is that the pint I consumed over three days was absolutely delicious!! So if you'd like a taste of childhood pleasures, I'd try it.

No comments: