Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday Stuff

Having released my nastiness for the past two days, I'll try to return to "normal." My bones were hurting badly this morning, so I arose earlier than usual and took my walk in the dark... I saw multiple cottontails, fox, and raccoons out and about on their business, and a very few cars. - And, yes, I know that it doesn't make sense to have bone pain and then to go out and walk, but I enjoy my walks, and if I allow a little pain to keep me from walking or doing other things I enjoy, I'd just be a lump in bed for 24 hours each day. And I refuse to become that. - Today I will pick up my copy of James Rollins' new release The Doomsday Key , as well as going to the public library to augment my reading supply. Yesterday, I finally purchased aluminum screening to replace the holed fiberglass mesh that is currently in the window and screen door. I plan on replacing it this afternoon, once the sun is no longer shining directly onto the patio.

The kits have been loving, and I had to laugh when I returned home Thursday from walking the Rs and visiting the new client's home - the cats were in an ecstasy over the scents on my hands, licking my fingers and rubbing themselves all over... I finally realized that besides having the two Irish Setters on me, I had the two Samoyeds, the two Shih-Tzus, a Great Pyrenees, and 9 different goats ( 1 Nubian and 8 Nigeran dwarfs). I'd guess that it was the goat scent that really made my hands special for Lovey and Banichi.

The 20-year-old female that taped Rex, a Shiba Inu, upside down onto a refrigerator door after binding his legs, tails and ears with elastic pony-tail holders, had her day in court yesterday. She entered a plea of "Not Guilty" to inhumane treatment of a pet; there were over 300 protesters outside the court, and her attorney has requested a change of venue for the trial, stating she wouldn't, and couldn't, be properly tried in pet-friendly Boulder. (Well.... dduuuuuuhhhhh!) ... Rachel Alexandra's connections have stated that she will not be running in the Breeder's Cup in California; after winning the Preakness, the filly will race this weekend in the Mother Goose Stakes, facing only four rivals. Meanwhile, on the west coast, Zenyatta will attempt to continue her record of being un-defeated. Some folks had hoped to see a match-up of Rachel A. and Zenyatta at the Breeders Cup, but it won't happen. ... I am hoping to attend a 3-Day Event in October at the Colorado Horse Park - the first weekend of October will have a sponsored National Horse Trials, and I hope to be there (at least for the Cross Country, if nothing else!). ... I shall be house-sitting on July 29, 30, and 31st, the three days of Pony Penning on Chincoteague - the Annual Swim will take place on Wednesday, followed by the auction of foals and young stock on Thursday, and then the Swim back to Assateague the following day. *Sigh* It will be the 10th time I've missed being there in my life... Late July and early August have always meant Chincoteague to me....

No comments: