Monday, June 8, 2009

A Wild and Windy Sunday

Yesterday was a very interesting day for me. I did not touch a computer and did not look at the TV until after the local news had started. I got up early yesterday and had my walk, then packed my bags for staying here in Bird Valley - Lovey got upset when she saw my alarm clock get packed, and attached herself to my body and wouldn't let go.... When I arrived to see Sophie and Walt, it was cool out and both were happy to see me. I loved them, called their owners, and sat down with a very good book... There was thunder at 9 a.m., and light rain at 10 - so I walked both dogs at 11, then took Walt for a faster paced walk by himself. About 15 minutes after we returned, it began to blow; then the thunder and lightning started, and then the rains came down. I wasn't aware, until I turned on the evening news, that there had been 5 tornadoes along the front range. Luckily, nothing struck near here - a shopping mall in Aurora (part of metro Denver) was hit pretty good, but there were no injuries, as there was warning and folks gathered in the interiors and restrooms of the mall. During the "tornado time" I was blissfully asleep, curled up with both Sophie and Walt on a sofa.

This is pretty normal springtime weather here in Colorado - especially since we're at the base of the mountains. I read Blood Memory by Maragaret Coel yesterday, and then I started in on Vagabond by Bernard Cornwell. I enjoyed Margaret Coel's book, and as it was about a new character, I was, but shouldn't have been, surprised that Vicky Holden ( the Arapaho lawyer from her series of books) made an appearance. - Walt and Sophie are enjoyable companions, and I have laughed over the antics of Sparky and Susan, the two goldfish. It's gorgeous here, the yard is large with ancient cottonwoods scattered through it, and there are great quantities of wild critters and birds to be seen. I need to get going, as I have to walk Walt and Sophie, then go into Boulder and walk the red kids, then visit my kits and make it to a doctor's appointment before returning. And I did miss my kits in bed with me last night!

And I was pleased to have received a comment on Saturday night's blog about the Belmont... You are always welcome to comment on my blog! And others might enjoy your comments, as well - but if they are off-color, or off the point , then expect them to be deleted.

No comments: