Sunday, June 28, 2009

Joys of Genealogy Research

I didn't get a thing done yesterday... except genealogy research. I had forgotten how much I enjoy it. I did love and care for the kits, but I did not replace the screening as I should have. I took myself out for a nice salad for lunch, but ended up cramming a turkey on rye sandwich down for supper, because I didn't want to take the time away from doing research. Lovey and Banichi alternately laid in my lap, on the desk, or on my pillow, watching me work. I finally called it quits after midnight; and then read several more chapters in Jacobean Pageant. Whose family tree is so engrossing? My husband's ex-wife's. I love Sue to pieces, and will do anything in the world for her. She is one of the very best persons on this planet! Anyway, I spent most of yesterday delving into the Paul family and had a ball. I have about 3 new web pages of family info to post today...

Zenyatta ran in the Vanity Handicap yesterday, carrying 129 pounds. She won easily, remaining undefeated. ... Rachel Alexandra ran against only two opponents in the Mother Goose Stakes, winning in a new record time, and by almost 20 lengths, under jockey Calvin Borel. ... It's too bad we won't be able to see a race between these two amazing females. ... I have had to change my walking habits this week, as 4 places of the Boulder Creek Path are flooded and under 6 inches to 4 feet of water. All of the flooded areas are underpasses, which is to be expected at this time of year and with so much rain. ... Lovey just came running back inside, crying to me. Her legs, and even her belly, are sopping wet from the grass in the back yard. Banichi is sitting in the sun on the edge of the patio - I doubt he'll be stepping onto the grass until the sun has dried it well. ... Tomorrow I'll start back walking Rosie and Remy in the mornings, and in the evening I'll move into Yoshi and Aiko 's house for 10 days - which should be very interesting!

No comments: