Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cool Morning

It was 38 degrees outside at 5 this morning - the sun rose among light clouds, turning them apricot and peach colors. I was out walking Rosie and Remy and greeted the dawn with enthusiasm. Remy has been mopey since his family left on vacation - this morning, however, he was back to his usual self. I fed the koi, and took the recycling and trash out, fed the kids, and then headed home to the kits. I stopped in at Safeway on the way home to get some Temptations treats for the kits, and was collared by a friend, the head of the deli, who had to vent... I was a little later getting here than anticipated, but the kits have eaten and gone out, and Gimpy has consumed his pile of peanuts. We had another stormy day yesterday - a guy near Elizabeth in Elbert County, got more that 20 minutes of film of a tornado that touched down near his house; power poles were snapped off like match sticks about a foot above ground level in some areas; and here in Boulder, on Broadway, a 75-year-old sugar maple was sheared off just above the ground and impaled two Toyota Priuses (through front and rear windows) that were traveling south, against the wind. One driver was taken to the hospital, the second was upset, but unhurt. Typical spring weather...

Banichi is currently sitting in my lap, nuzzling my hands as I type, and then shoving his head under my jaw. Have you seen the video of the three 3-pound chihuahuas that confronted a 100 pound mountain lion in their garage in California? It was on NBC news this morning - The home-owner managed to get a part of the confrontation on film; the dogs are the carry-around pets of the 3-year-old daughter, who likes to play in the garage. Those three definitely get a Good Dog Award from me!! I discovered last night that the Rs family had not locked the balcony door on the second floor - Rosie heard something outside while I was reading last night, and pawed the door open, and the house has been inundated with moths. I made sure the door was locked, once I got her back inside last night. Things seem to be going smoothly - and I'm hoping the rest of the week will be quiet. More later.....

No comments: