Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Screens in Place

It's a beautiful morning (to quote an old song) and I slept like a rock at Yoshi and Aiko's. I got my window screen replaced yesterday afternoon, but I was unsuccessful in getting the window back into place... I'll try again today, and then will ask for help if I can't accomplish it on my own. I watched Antiques Roadshow last night with Aiko in my lap and Yoshi curled up beside me.... so I guess I've made the grade with these two. - Note to self: I did not see the gold fish on my first visit - need to call owners and determine feeding schedule, and how much, as they are not mentioned in the instructions. - While I was changing the window screen yesterday, Lovey found it great fun to be able to jump completely through the window opening, and spent about 15 minutes just jumping in and out (while the patio door next to the window was wide open). Banichi, however, did not like or appreciate this disruption of his usual lifestyle - he disappeared under the bed and did not reappear for several hours. But at least the screen is up, and there are currently no holes in it to allow mosquitoes in!

Aidan O'Brien won his seventh Irish Derby at the Curragh this weekend. He trained Fame and Glory, who won by 5 lengths under jockey Johnny Murtagh. He is now the only trainer to have won more than 6 Irish Derbys with his horses. Fame and Glory is a three-year-old son of Montjeau. ... Tragedy occurred when a 12-year-old lost his life during the "Little Britches Rodeo" here this weekend - the young man had been rodeoing for 3 years in the Little Britches competitions, and his 10-year-old brother had recently joined in the group. The 12 -year-old was wearing a helmet and a "flack jacket" (a protective vest) when he mounted his bull - he was bucked off just before his buzzer, and tragically, the bull landed with all four feet on the boy's chest and stomach. The child's parents have told the media that it was a terrible accident, but they don't blame the bull, or the Little Britches association. The 10-year-old brother has already said he wishes to compete in next month's Little Britches event in Pueblo. ... It was a mixed group that protested at the plea of the female who taped Rex, the dog, upside down on a refrigerator. The group consisted mostly of females and a multitude of dogs. But a man grew angry with one of the more verbal female protesters and ended up throwing a can of paint all over her.... What can I say? This is Boulder!

No comments: