Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm Baa-aack.... And I Owe An Apology

Sorry. My business took a lot less time than I had anticipated.... I opened my e-mail this morning to find a note attached to one of my blog URLs. The note was from Mr. Randy Bray, of Corvallis, Oregon. I used/posted a photo of his on December 22, 2008 - a beautiful photo of Sleepy Hollow Farm in Vermont. It had been posted on Webshots.com with the comment - "I use this for my screensaver." Usually items on Webshots are free to download and share if one makes no money from the use of said item; and if an item is copyrighted, it states so on or under the photo - as in yesterday's photo that I posted of Forego.
The photo of the farm in Vermont had no copyright notice on it when I pulled it up. Mr. Bray contacted me this morning, asking who had given me permission to use his copyrighted work. And the answer is no one. In looking back over his collected work on Webshots.com this morning, I found a note stating that all of his photos were copyrighted in 2009. I have removed the photo from my blog. I have promised Mr. Bray not to use any of his photos in my blog, with or without his permission. And I humbly apologize to Randy Bray for unintentionally posting a photo he had copyrighted.

The kits are fine - Lovey was chased by a raven back into the apartment this morning, so I have no idea of what mischief she was up to.... Banichi was talking earnestly to me early this morning (which usually means he has a shoe string in his mouth and is bringing it to me) - I was surprised when he brought my bra back to bed. (I wonder if he's trying to tell me something?) I will be heading out shortly to walk Rosie and Remy. And we had a thunderstorm last night - I know it's still humid because the backs of my ears are sweating.... 'Til tomorrow!

No comments: