Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cool Days, Chilly Nights

Last June was hot and dry. I've had to turn the heat on in Sophie and Walt's house - our high today might be 65 and maybe 60 tomorrow. I love the coolness, but it has come with rain and high humidity - 96% - which makes things feel much cooler up here. The other day, I was so chilly inside in mid-afternoon, that I finally looked at the thermostat and realized it was 56 degrees inside the house - that's when I turned the heat up to 65. And the heater has turned on at least 10 times in the last two hours..... But at least it makes for good dog-walking weather!

My sister took the day off from her job yesterday to spend some of the time with me - she came over about 2, and we took Walt and Sophie out for a walk. When we returned to the house, I handed the key to Kathy and went 'round the side to get rid of poop bags... and Kathy suddenly yelled. The door key had broken off in the lock. She was able to remove the piece that broke, but we couldn't get back inside the house - I'd locked everything up tight. I just laughed and she was upset with herself.... So I went round to the neighbors' and found that one did, indeed, have a spare key to the house. I told her that if the key hadn't broken on her, it would have broken on me - and not to worry about it. So we got back inside, and I showed her how to play games on Facebook. She had a ball buying properties and armaments in both Age of Chivalry and Mafia Wars - and enjoyed thumping someone who had robbed us. She also got a kick out of Lovey and Banichi's Facebook pages... and had to admit they very aptly described each kit without any exaggeration. Then we picked up Jim and Connie and had dinner at Applebee's , where we were joined by Sarah and her Michael. It was a very nice birthday. I hope your day today is as pleasant as mine was yesterday!

No comments: