Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Whine?

We are having another grey and damp day here. I've taken out the trash and recycling, walked the dogs, and fed, watered and handled the chicks. While we might have thunderstorms through this evening, we are expecting tomorrow to be dry (Yea!). Rivers on the western slope are flooding, Cherry Creek in Denver has had a couple of flash floods, and Boulder Creek (at the south end of my apartment building) is almost up at the tops of it's banks. I let my kits outside yesterday, but as it was raining, they were disgusted with me. I think that if it had been a light rain or drizzle, Lovey would have enjoyed it - but at that time it was a real possum-pounder. Anyway, they both curled up in my lap for a couple of hours before I returned to Brigadoon.

You remember the dog that was bitten by the mountain lion that I wrote of yesterday? The owner didn't even feel that the wounds/bite warranted a visit to a vet's office.... The Belmont is Saturday, and I'll be home with the kits to watch it. Another curve ball arrived for Mine That Bird's team, when Chip Woolley (the trainer) found that Bird's registration papers from the Jockey Club had been stolen from his truck. The passenger-side window had been broken out overnight at Woolley's hotel parking lot in Louisville - a few other items and the GPS unit were stolen, also. Woolley immediately contacted Churchill Downs and the Jockey Club and Bird's papers have already been replaced. .... Rosie and Remy have been dolls this week - and I caught a glimpse of Max last night, and barely recognized him - boys (oops! - young men -) grow so quickly!

In any event, I'll be slogging back along 63rd, walking to the bus stop at Diagonal Highway this afternoon. I'll be happy to sleep in my own bed, snuggle with my own kits, and be able to play with my own computer and TV and stereo systems. That is true happiness!

No comments: