Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bits And Pieces

The National Western Stock Show Parade kicks off the NWSS at noon today in down town Denver.  One big surprise for this year is a free general admission day on Tuesday, 21 January.  I just might head down there myself, since it's a totally free day - other than buying food, drinks, and souvenirs...   and, with my bus pass, the trip down and back is free, also.  Neat.
  Hopefully, the Antares 9 supply rocket will get off the launch pad at Wallops Island today - the giant solar flare yesterday kept the ISS supply ship in the cradle.
  I shouldn't laugh about the death of any person - but I couldn't keep a crow of surprised laughter inside when I read about the man who died in Oklahoma.  His step-son is charged with his murder, and both men were drunk at the time of the verbal argument that escalated into a death.  The stepson grabbed the elastic back of his step-father's underwear, and pulled it up, over the man's back, and over the man's head; then he released the elastic band under his step-father's chin.  The elastic waistband choked his step-father to death. I have to admit the first thought in my mind was , "Wow!  What a huge wedgie!"  I am sorry that I found this man's death humorous - but now the news is reporting the man's death as coming from "an atomic wedgie."
  Even though we have been above 32 degrees for the past several days, there is still a six-inch deep spread of snow with a hard crust out in the back yard.  The squirrels skip lightly over it, and if the cats pad softly, they can easily cross it, too.  But Nedi got a little exuberant this morning, and he looked very startled when he went crashing through the crust and came out with snowy legs and a snowy belly...  It was cute.
  And I was very happy to note that for the BCS Championship game, Tim Tebow gave a prediction of the Seminoles winning, with a score of 35 to 31.  The final score?  34 to 31, in favor of the 'Noles...  Good on you, Timmy!

No comments: