Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pieces

Well, I slipped on the ice beside the trash dumpster last night, and I did something to my sciatic nerve - my right leg is killing me.  But I've had this problem off and on for the past 25 years, so I know that it will slowly disappear - but today I'll ache like mad.  It's cloudy, grey, and windy outside, and the weather folks say that we'll get snow tonight - between 1 and 2 feet...  Rosie has an acupuncture appointment this morning, and our usual walk has been set back an hour.  Hopefully we won't have rain or snow at that time, and I'll be certain to let Boo out for at least an hour while I'm over there, as Kathy and Jim are down in Denver with little Evie for the day.
  My kits ran out and had a good 45 minute play period this morning - they chased one another, rolled, wrestled, and leapt like they were crazed.  After they had come back inside and calmed down, I gave them both a toy (refreshed by being in the catnip jar for a week), and watched Lovey get sleepy and slow, while Nedi became an attack machine.  Both are now sleeping off the effects - Lovey in bed and Nedi on the cat tree.
  All sorts of other bits and pieces:  KUSA is giving away their "Clingy Thingys", finally, in Boulder today - at the King Soopers (3 blocks from my apartment) at 4 this afternoon.  People are so crazy about getting these vinyl window clings, that now, a person can only get one, and the employees are allotted only 1,000 per location to hand out.  I don't know if I'll try to get one, or not; it will depend on how my leg feels later.  ....  My Sports Talk radio T-shirts finally arrived - they are bright orange, and, in white, there is a silhouette of Peyton Manning getting ready to pass the ball with the words "Keep Calm and Hurry!!  Hurry!!" on them. I'll wear mine on Sunday for the game.   ....   My copies of the 2-volume book, Pass It On, a history of Vernon County, Missouri arrived last night; and I plan to start reading them today.  ....  All the local stations news stations, are, of course, carrying extra football coverage, and all of them have a news team staying in either New Jersey or New York.  Enough of the hyperbole - I'm ready for the game.

No comments: