Friday, January 31, 2014

It's Now the Year of the Horse

I was born in the year of the Fire Monkey, but with the new moon last night, we began the Chinese Year of the Wooden Horse.  In China, each year is named after one of twelve animals, which repeat.  My American birth date is 9 June, but in the lunar calendar it's 30 April - makes things very intriguing when trying to figure out your horoscope - especially when you only have an approximate time of birth.  Since Dad delivered me in the back seat of the Old Grey Ghost, he and Mom could only "guess-timate" that I was born about 3 a.m.
But that really doesn't matter.  Broncos are a type of horse; this is the year of the horse; therefore the Broncos should win the Super Bowl.  What?  You find find fault with my logical steps?  So do I.  However, I would love to see the orange and blue Broncos from Denver defeat the Seattle Seahawks in New Jersey on Sunday.
  We had about 3 inches of snow fall overnight and into this morning.  The weather folks say we'll get another 2 to 3 inches this afternoon and evening. It's 21 degrees out at 11:15; the ski resorts on the western slopes have gotten 2 to 3 feet of snow in the last 48 hours....  And the seven day forecast says snow here in Boulder every day except Sunday and Wednesday; we'll see if they are correct.  Just got back from a late breakfast with Nancy, and now her cat, Bob, is over here, eating  at my place.  She just came looking for him, and we had to chase him out from under my bed, as she is leaving again, and wants him home.  I'm home for the day, period.  Nancy's tried to talk me into going out shopping with her, but I've had enough people for the day, and would rather stay at home with only my kitties for company.
  I plan on watching Blue Blood tonight, and seeing Tom Selleck.  Almost two weeks ago, Sleepy Hollow had it's season finale - and there were some twists to the story that I had not expected.  Now I'm definitely waiting to see the next spate of episodes.  The Black List is back on NBC on Monday nights, and I watched Red kill a Washington big-wig without blinking an eye in the last episode.  And - next month, on February 27, Vikings returns to the History Channel...  The "sneak peek" for this bunch of episodes ,akes it seem that Floki is killed in battle by Rollo.... I certainly hope not!  I like Floki, and even though I'm supposedly descended from Rollo, I won't be able to like him if he does kill or incapacitate my darling boat-builder!
  In the meantime, after the Super Bowl on Sunday, we have the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics on television on Thursday.  That will be quite a spectacle, and I'm sincerely hoping for no violence.  So it will be sports, sports and more sports for me.  (I suppose going a-Viking can be considered "sporting," can't it?)
 

No comments: