Saturday, January 4, 2014

Snow & Frigid Temperatures

Checked my weather page when I arrived here this morning - it's 23 degrees and snowing in Boulder, 32 degrees on Chincoteague Island, 47 in Gainesville, and 71 degrees in Vero Beach.  I guess that's a nice variety.  After a high of 62 yesterday, the winds picked up around 10 p.m., and the cold front blew in. There was four inches of snow on the ground at 6 this morning, so I laughed again when the weather forecaster was warning that Boulder "could get as much as 3.6 inches..."  This isn't powder snow that's falling - it sticks together well, and one can make a snow man, snow cat. snow dog, snow woman, or snow child, without too much effort.  But the snow is still lightly falling, and is supposed to do so through tomorrow afternoon.  I wonder how much we'll have when it ends?  The temperature is steadily dropping, with a low of 0 tonight; a high of 20 tomorrow, and a low of -5 tomorrow night...
  My kits wanted to run out and play in the snow, and I allowed them to do so; but one of the nasty neighbors opened his patio door, and both of my kits ran back inside and hid under the bed.  That did not make me happy, because both kits are brave outside - so this person has been either throwing items at them, or trying to grab them - that's their criteria for getting under the bed.
   After 18 years of time-keeping, my alarm clock, that I purchased at a Rexall Drug Store for $3.95, has died.  I'm going to have to stop at Target on the way back to Rosie's and get a new one.  I'm so used to the old one that I hope the new one won't scare me to death when it rings/beeps or does whatever....
  Beatrice and I watched five episodes of Almost Human on New Year's Day - I really like the program, and get a kick from the zingers the two detectives deliver to one another.  But, since I enjoy it so much, I'll bet it will be canceled.
  And I was very happy yesterday when Mizzou won the Cotton Bowl; I would have loved it if Ohio State could have won the Orange Bowl, but that wasn't to be...
   Wild card playoffs in the NFL games this weekend - this should be fun!

No comments: