Monday, January 13, 2014

NFL, Pets & the Nike Suit

I am in error - the pimp who wants to sue Nike is from Portland, Oregon (not Washington state), and he's 26 years old.  He didn't beat the non-paying john with the shoes - he stomped on his face and head while wearing the shoes...  And he's still trying to sue Nike because they didn't label their shoes as "dangerous weapons."  What a jerk!  (See yesterday's blog.)
  I was rooting for Cam Newton in the first of the NFL Playoff games yesterday - and, by the time the game was finished, I wasn't sure whether I should root for the Broncos or not...  Of course, I couldn't help myself - I was cheering for the Broncos, and wishing nasty injuries to Philip Rivers throughout the game.  (And, yes, I do realize that my feelings are a very rotten form of bad sportsmanship.)  But the Broncos were able to overcome the wind (and my support) and defeat the Chargers.  So next weekend's Division championship games will be the New England Patriots here in Denver, as the first televised game, followed by the San Francisco Forty-Niners at the Seattle Seahawks.  Whichever teams win next Sunday will face each other in the Superbowl on 2 February.  Naturally, I want the Denver Broncos to win it all...  And I can recognize all of the starting line-ups facially - thanks to the wonderful close-ups that are now available with all of the high-definition cameras.
   We're still having high winds here along the Front Range - and I saw that snow is forecast for tomorrow morning...  Yech...  There is still a lot of snow on the ground in shaded and wind-protected areas through the area.  And snow is falling, almost constantly, up at the ski resorts - which is great for them.  I knew that it was getting warmer out when Lovey relieved herself outside yesterday, and came running into the apartment, howling at the top of her lungs - then she jumped onto the desk and left muddy paw prints everywhere. Nedi jumped up later, and left even more muddy prints, which I shall have to clean off this afternoon, when I return home.
  Maggie Mae stayed curled up with me much of Friday - during the weekend, she spent most of her time in her closet; but this morning, she's bathing on the sofa behind me.  I did hear her sneeze twice this morning, but she was playing with a very furry toy, so I need to let her folks know that.  Otherwise, she has been delightful company - sleeping with me in the early morning, and talking to me while I fix her meals.  She's a sweetie.
  Today I start walking Rosie and Lucy again, and on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, I add Lola, Cooper, Pounce and Tipsi to the mix, twice a day...  and I'm trying to help a group in Rome, Italy trace the familial steps of a man in the early 20th century.  So I'll definitely have things to do!

No comments: