Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Day "Off"

I usually have a day "off" on Tuesdays - I don't walk dogs, and I'm currently not house-sitting, so I have the day free.  Well, I still get up at 5:30, feed the kits and clean the litter boxes (but I occasionally go back to bed, afterwards).  But I don't have anything planned that I must do - sometimes I clean house, sometimes I do laundry, sometimes I wander the Pearl Street Mall, sometimes I go to Denver.  Today, I might go to the library, but other than that, I plan on staying at home - especially since we're expecting a high around 90 degrees today.  It's already in the low 70s, at 8 a.m.  My kits are out chasing squirrels and birds in the back yard, and then taking a break and lying in the cool dirt at the bottom of the fence.  I already have the window and the patio door wide open, with the curtains drawn, as they face east; I've had breakfast and read all my usual news sites on the web.  I'll probably play with genealogy today.
   I finally up-loaded the new version of the Snow family tree yesterday afternoon/evening.  That was 242 pages, which I can only send to the Rootsweb page at a rate of 4 pages per "send" package.  So it took nearly 2 and a half hours to get all those pages sent to the system; then I had to up-load the GED.com file, which luckily, takes only about 2 minutes...  That's the only complaint I have about doing family trees.  But, of course, I was putting up information on 5,600 individual people - so I really can't complain.  I still haven't finished checking the dates and off-spring of the Sanborn family, and I still have another half of the family to enter data about....  Ai, yi, yi....
  I have my fans set up, but not yet plugged in, for use this afternoon.  I hope the weather forecasters are wrong.

No comments: