Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Picks For Saturday's Preakness Stakes

Eleven colts will be in the gate for Saturday's Preakness, unless there is a scratch.  Six of them ran in the Derby, the other five are new to the Triple Crown races.  I'll Have Another is the only possibility of being  a Triple Crown Champion; and he races against Bodemeister, whom he just bagged in the Kentucky Derby.  Other runners from the Derby include Went The Day Well, Creative Cause, Daddy Nose Best, and Optimizer.  The fresh, new colts are Tiger Walk, Teeth of the Dog, Pretension, Zetterholm, and Cozzetti.  If Bodemeister can get an easy lead and slows the pace down, he might be  uncatchable.  I still like I'll Have Another, and I'm adding Tiger Walk and Cozzetti  (and Optimizer has to stay on my list because he's a cousin of my babies...).

No comments: