Wednesday, May 9, 2012

To Each, His Own

The sun has just burst out from behind a wall of clouds here in Boulder - it's 43 degrees and we expect a high of 76 today.  Nedi has been running in and out since 6 this morning, while Lovey has spent most of the time on my desk corner.  Other than birds and squirrels, I saw only my kits yesterday - and we thoroughly enjoyed the time together.  I clipped nails and brushed both coats and teeth, plus scrubbed out the litter boxes with bleach to combat odors.  I read my newly subscribed to weekly magazine, The Week, and learned some new things.  I also did genealogy research, adding over 100 Sanborn cousins to my brother-in-law's family tree.
   Today, I'll walk Remy and Rosie, and Boo and Kathy.  Then Boo has an appointment at the Green Dog Wash at noon, so she'll (hopefully) be clean when her Dad gets back from Bhutan on Sunday.  Boo, too, will have her nails trimmed, a shampoo, brush and blow-dry, and her teeth cleaned (brushed).  It's hard to keep a white dog clean, though, so I'm just hoping she'll look "decent" when Jim returns.  With her huge double coat, Boo attracts sticks, leaves, seeds, pollen, and flower petals - I sometimes feel as if she has most of the yard on her fur.  Mona, having an extremely short and sleek coat, doesn't carry as much excess stuff - unless she discovers a nice, fresh pile of poop to roll in (and she's easy to wash off!).
   The guy next door to me has decided to bring home boxes of tailings from the mines up in the mountains - then he and a buddy sit on the patio and pan for anything they can find.  They've gathered a couple of specks of gold dust, but not much else.  It seems odd to walk out the backdoor and see two adult men "panning" for gold in lawn chairs next door....   Oh, well.  To each, his own. I read, and watch old Westerns on TV, listen to old music, and do genealogy research....

No comments: