Saturday, October 4, 2008

Acclimatization

Today is the Colorado Buffaloes Homecoming football game. I came home early from Brighton, have fed my kits, let them out to roam a little bit, and cleaned their potties. Banichi has opted to lay on my forearms while I'm typing this blog, burrowing his head into my chest and purring away. Lovey is sitting in the patio doorway, observing the loud trucks and buses at the Millennium Harvest House.

I might need to rethink my acclimatization ideas... I am, again, wearing a T shirt and shorts, but driving back from Brighton, I passed a field of horses that were all wearing their blankets. Maybe I'm getting too used to the coolness? I went to the top of Flagstaff Mountain yesterday and tried taking "scenic" shots with the new camera... you can judge them next week.

Kohlbi did not get any points toward his Championship at Topeka this week. He was in a class of 57, and made the cut of the top 10; but that was as far as he progressed. I don't know how his relatives fared in the judging. I had to call Michael yesterday afternoon - they have DirecTV satellite and while I could get the TV screen to show the guide and what was supposed to be on the channels I entered, the TV screen stayed a pale grey; I tried all the tricks I knew, and finally decided I need to reboot the satellite system, but thought I'd better check with Michael first. He had me press a few buttons, and then decided it needed a reboot - especially since he was planning on recording "Sanctuary", the new series with Amanda Tapping. I was able to reboot the system, which made Michael happy. Then I watched Sanctuary. It was an enjoyable 2-hour premiere, but it's not something I'd go about screaming how special or tremendous it was.

Probably won't blog until late tomorrow evening.... I'm unsure when I'll get home tomorrow - that is, I'm unsure when Michael and Jane will return tomorrow (from Kansas)to bring me home again. Banichi has gone to cover the food dish and Lovey has decided to come keep me company on the desk. It's supposed to snow above 9,000 feet tonight, and they're expecting 10 or more inches of snow on the western slope around the Vail area. I know that 2 resorts already have their snow machines going and hope to open to the public on October 10. Have a great weekend!

No comments: