Monday, October 6, 2008

Back in Boulder

Back at home... *sigh* Lots of snow fell in the high country; most high peaks are now snow-capped. It was a brisk walk this morning - lots of squirrels and birds in evidence here in Boulder. The kids were attached to me like a second skin last night, which helped keep me warm, as I sleep with the window cracked open. Lovey, however, decided that 5:30 was an acceptable time for breakfast - I stayed in bed until 6:15, then finally got up and fed her and Banichi and took my walk.

Nikki, the German Short Haired Pointer, surprised me yesterday by using her forearm as a sponge - you know how cats wash their faces with their forearms - well, that's what Nikki did. I shouldn't really be that surprised, but I was. All of the Brighton gang were very excited when their "real" family arrived home from the show yesterday. I had understood that they were bringing a new rescue Sammie home, and they did - but not to their home. And since it seems that Kohlbi did not like the other male dog, even though he had impeccable manners, so it's good that he didn't join the family.

My kits ran out for a short while yesterday evening, but trash from the CU-Texas game is still piled all over the backyard; and I found 5 bottles with cigarette butts stuffed into them on my patio... The door is, as usual, open and the kits are running in and out this morning. I need to get more peanuts and sunflower seeds for the outside critters - I heard a loud scrabbling in the peanut chair this morning, and Gimpy was sitting on the arm, while RedBoa was trying to decide if it would be safe to jump up and grab a peanut (I had just placed the last of my stock out there for them).

I guess all the walking is doing something - I stocked up with canned goods and kitty litter, etc at the store while I had the Prius, and jeans were on sale. I had to purchase a size smaller than my last ones to get them to stay up; I probably could have gone another size smaller, but I like to have roomy slacks. - As I've gotten older and my skin has become baggier, so have my comfortable clothes.

No comments: