Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Talk about Change!

Wow! I checked the thermometer outside and looked at the local 24-hour weather channel. It was 60 degrees and calm outside. I walked the block-and-a-half to a grocery store in jeans, T-shirt and sneakers. I knew exactly what I wanted, grabbed the 3 items and immediately paid and/or checked out. When I walked over, it was grey and overcast like it had been all day; the wind was calm, as it had been most of the day.

When I came out to walk back home, the wind was blowing at gale force, and sleet was stinging my face as I walked home. Getting inside, I looked at the thermometer and the local weather channel again - 45 degrees outside, wind blowing at 35 to 45 mph, and precipitation. It's just the latest cold front crossing over the Flatirons, but I did not expect such a change within a 10 minute stretch!

No comments: