Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lots of Birds and Squirrels

I did not take my walk this morning - a group of younger residents brought their party home with them at midnight, and kept it going until after 4 am, even with 5 police interruptions. And I was "good"; I didn't make a single call to anyone about the noise.

I awoke at 7:30; it was 34 degrees outside, with a heavy fog and drizzle. We've got 100% humidity and the high today might be 44. Snow is expected tonight - more than 3 feet of it over the weekend in the Montana and Wyoming Rockies; 6 to 8 inches in Rocky Mountain National Park. Boulder might see some accumulation on grassy areas, but we're just expecting the roads and sidewalks to be wet.

After dressing and feeding the kits, I opened the door for the kits to go outside. Both went outside for about 90 seconds and retreated into the dryness and warmth of indoors. Lovey is sitting in the cat tree complaining that the door is not open - just in case she decides to go try to grab a squirrel, bird, or pigeon. "Her" pigeon is on the patio, along with four squirrels, and a flock of about 20 birds - mostly sparrows, house finches and chickadees. I suppose that since it is the first cold, rainy day of fall they are all coming here for the free goodies in a dry area.

I had a good time with Silver and Smiley yesterday afternoon - we tested whether they would respond to my voice commands in an off-leash situation, and had a grand (but short) walk at dusk. Today I'm going off to be certified as a Democratic poll-watcher for the November 4th elections. Then I can snuggle in with the kits, watch UF football and eat pizza this evening...

No comments: