Thursday, October 9, 2008

Odds and Ends

I received my official mail-in ballot for November 4th - I knew that I'd see at least six names under the President/Vice President race, but I wasn't prepared for a list of 32 names - yep, there are 16 groups registered for the Presidential race in Colorado. The ballot itself is 2 legal-size pages, front and back, and makes a pretty hefty packet.

Gimpy has new cuts on his nose - we were within a foot of each other yesterday afternoon, and he's got new parallel scabs running across his snout. Banichi thought it would be fun to chase Gimpy yesterday; Gimpy ended up chasing him around the yard. Lovey leaves Gimpy alone. Late yesterday afternoon Lovey brought a mouse inside and turned it loose - just before 9 last night the mouse ran over my foot, so I grabbed the mouse jar, caught it, and put it back out into the backyard.

Kathy and Jim are headed for Peru - they purchased their tickets and travel package this morning. Jim has until end of business tomorrow to finish cleaning out his office at Ball; Kathy says he's brought home a garage-full of boxes and models already, and he's barely half-way finished in clearing his space out.

I'm cleaning and straightening for my new sofa/sleeper, end table and CD player; and I have a large stack of dishes to wash, as well. Kathy is supposed to deliver my stuff sometime between 1 and 7 pm today.... I'll probably be researching while I'm awaiting her arrival. Tomorrow I meet with Smiley's owner and Saturday afternoon is my hour-long training session to be a Democratic Party poll-watcher... I'm going to go finish clearing the hallway! Have a good day!

No comments: