Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wind-Crazed Cats

My two kits are flying around the backyard and in and out of the apartment like whirling dervishes - yesterday we had a west to northwest wind and this morning it's from the northeast, bringing a splash of coolness. Banichi is having fun chasing leaves and his sister; Lovey is just running in circles and chasing her brother in return. They seem quite happy. That will change when they see me start to pack my overnight bag, headed off for Wonderland Lake. The camera has been residing in the center desk drawer for the last week, so I guess I'll pull it out and take a few scenic photos, as well as shots of Smiley and Silver.

I swept my patio yesterday morning, but with the wind swirling around, there were quite a few leaves on it in the afternoon, when my neighbor looked at it and pulled a face.... I have swept it again this morning, but it's already covered with leaves again... But the bird feeders are filled and there are peanuts in the squirrel chair, so I can relax. My neighbor told our complex manager that I should live on a farm, or in a house with my own yard - that feeding the birds and squirrels was not urbane. Well, I've never claimed to be urbane - I think of myself as a country girl, and if I could live on a farm, I would!

Football yesterday for the colleges was full of ups and downs - but at least the Breeder's Cup ran their 25th Anniversary set of races without any nasty injuries! That's what I'll be celebrating this week - up until All Hallow's Eve, anyway. Take care, and have a good Sunday!

No comments: