Friday, October 24, 2008

Poor Little Bobo!

I suffer from clinical depression and I feel sorry for others who must live with mental illness. Recently, one of the horror news stories has been about Bobo, an 8-year-old Yorkshire Terrier, who, according to friends and family of the owner, was "the apple of her eye." Poor little Bobo died yesterday after spending the past 4 days in a critical care unit with burns over 80% of his body. The owner has admitted to doing this to her dog. The owner's father says she should not be prosecuted or blamed for the death of the dog because she suffers from mental illness. The owner admitted to tying the dog's legs together and setting it on fire on top of an electric stove burner that was turned on to the high setting.
Neighbors called 911 to report a fire, and firefighters found Bobo in flames on top of the stove, along with several match sticks that were not yet consumed in flame. The owner was sitting in the kitchen watching her dog die. The dog was rushed to an Emergency Care Center for Pets; luckily he was kept on a morphine drip to deal with the pain until he passed away yesterday. The owner has been charged with felony arson and with felony animal abuse.

Anyone who can do such a thing to any animal is NOT suffering from a mental illness. They are plain psychotic! My kits keep me on an even keel, give me love and companionship, and give me reason to continue in this existence. If I should ever kill an animal by choice (other than to prevent further suffering) - particularly by such a long drawn-out method - I hope that I am locked away from all living things for the rest of my life!
Never, ever let anyone use mental illness as an excuse for outright depravity.

No comments: