Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Gimpy's Payment?

Cousin Sarah sent more photos to me yesterday - fifteen of them, with thirteen being ones I had never seen before. She is finding all sorts of wonderful items as she browses her Grandmother's collections, and I am very grateful that she is willing to share them with Kathy and I.

My usual morning walk was quiet today - most birds were still in their nests, I saw only a few squirrels, and very few people out. I walked west on the Boulder Creek Path, then over to Chautauqua, east on Baseline, north on 30th, and back down Arapaho. I had a lovely time and thought about how I've been feeling and what I'll say to my psychiatrist today...

Banichi and Lovey have been running in and out via the patio door since I returned home, but 'Nichi-ji is now sprawled in the door chair watching the birds and squirrels. lovey just ran in and is sitting on the side of my desk, occasionally giving me a head-butt to mark me as her territory. The kits stayed out during the majority of the Presidential Debate last night - Banichi came back in about every fifteen minutes to see if I was still talking back to the TV, and Lovey just left. I suspect she was over at the tennis courts at Millennium Harvest House, but I have no proof.

I saw Gimpy (the squirrel) approach the patio this morning and wondered what other troubles he had gotten into, as he looked deformed. It turns out he was bringing a part of a mowed tennis ball to place on the patio next to the peanut chair. I don't know if he was trying to pay me for the food or if he just forgot it, because he left the piece of ball behind when he left. If it's still there in the morning, I'll place it in the trash.

On Friday I'll be meeting with Smiley and Silver's person - seeing their favorite walks and where they are allowed to run off leash, as well as going over their daily routines. Saturday, between football games, I have to report to Boulder County Democratic Headquarters and take a one hour course to be certified by the Clerk of Circuit Courts as a "poll watcher" at my voting precinct. I will be provided with materials and have to fill out a report after my time in the Good Sam Nursing Home - but I think it will will probably be worth it. - I was contacted by the Colorado House District 10 representative about doing this.... and I guess I feel it's my patriotic duty.

No comments: