Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cool air, snow

It was cool and damp last night - we had 90% humidity and 40 degrees. It was the same for my morning walk; but we expect a high in the low 60s, followed by snow tomorrow morning. I'll be heading off to my usual 3 hours at the genealogy library tomorrow - I've found another family that the Devine's married into, but I can't make out what the husband's surname is.... will check it out on Ancestry in the morning.

When I returned from my walk today, I found RedBoa hanging upside down on the sunflower feeder and Gimpy waiting patiently in the peanut chair. I gave Gimpy some nuts and re-filled both feeders, then swept the patio while Gimpy was away burying a peanut. The heater came on while I was sweeping, so since both kits were back inside, I closed the door. Lovey is sitting on the corner of my desk, watching birds and squirrels; Banchi has curled up in the loveseat and is settling down for a morning nap.

Almost all of my favorite football teams, both collegiate and pro, lost this past weekend. I think it's my support - so maybe I'll drop football. The Broncos last night were downright pathetic. I currently have MSNBC on and I'm listening to Barack Obama, live, giving a stump speech from Florida. I really like the way he tells his crowds not to boo, catcall, etc at /or about his opponents and their policies. I wish that the Republicans did the same - each time Gov. Palin speaks, I feel as if she were inciting a lynch mob.

No comments: