Saturday, October 25, 2008

Windy!

A local reporter for the Weather Bureau has made it known that she recorded a gust of wind at 63 mph this morning up in Nederland. We are supposed to be windy most of the day, and the trees around here will support that prognosis. I walked wearing my jacket with the hood up this morning - my worst problem was the way my eyes kept tearing up due to the wind...

I do have the patio door open at this time - the wind is not from the east or northeast, so I can have the door open without having all the leaves from outside blown in. It's cool, and the heat has come on, but the kits are running in and out, chasing one another and acting the fool. I've seen very few birds at the feeders, but Gimpy and RedBoa have been here. Banichi is looking at Gimpy right now, but if Banichi goes after Gimpy, Gimpy will turn and fight - and Banichi is a lover, not a fighter, so he'll back down and walk away.

Tomorrow morning I'm walking 5k to earn money for Diabetes research, and then I'll head over to Silver and Smiley's. Will write more later - after the Breeder's Cup races of today!

No comments: